Thursday 28 October 2010

Week 5

This week I started the assignment for the module Advanced Digital Media and Communications. The assignment is to make a twenty-minute film or documentary. I have chosen to do a documentary on the local area of Salford. The city has recently undergone vast regeneration in areas such as Salford Quays and is the site of the MediaCityUK development; it is currently an exciting place to live. My documentary will highlight the excitement of the area but will take a comparison look at some other places in the city, which are in much need of regeneration also.  The aim of the film is to compare ‘Old Salford’ with ‘New Salford’.

I have been in contact with a local historian of the area who has agreed to do an interview for the film and a representative of Salford City Council, these interviews will take place next week.


In LPD this week I have been concentrating on occupation research, I choose to use my idea of Public Relations Office for the research, but through this exercise, I think I may have ruled this option out! It seems to include many administration duties, which do not appeal to me. It also appears that the job entails very long working hours surrounding making many phone calls to various press offices. I am happy for the insight though, as I previously imagined it to be quite a glamorous career!
The decision making task, mentioned last week has also been completed, this has resulted in me looking more closely to a career in marketing and communications, which is one of the departments that the BBC is moving the MediaCityUK in Salford.

No comments:

Post a Comment