Monday 8 November 2010

Week 6

This week was a learning/consolidation week for my department so no formal lectures took place. I used the week instead to make a start on an assignment for Media Law. The assignment is about Intellectual Property Rights, I am to write a report outlining the recommendations of certain rights for a newly set up software company.

I started first with some research using the key texts for the module and made a start on my recommendations for copyright, as we have already had lectures on that particular right. I also wrote a section on employee and employer rights. I will add to the report following the lectures each week with regards to patents, trade marks, design rights and confidence.  The assignment is due in January, but I aim to have it completed before the Christmas break.

In LPD this week, I concentrated on goal setting and action planning, to begin this exercise I was asked to detail a SMART goal, which is a personal aim that follows certain criteria: specific, measurable, accurate, realistic and time-measured.

I outlined my SMART goal as:
·         To graduate with a first class degree in July 2011 and begin a graduate trainee programming in Business and Communications by September 2011.

My action plan to achieve this goal is outlined below:


September 2010
Begin third year. Draw up work timetable
November 2010
Investigate graduate trainee process; collect information, prospectuses; research – apply for appropriate programme
December-March
Deadlines for assignments, aim to receive 70%+
January-March
Interviews for graduate programmes
May
Sit exams, aim to receive 70%+
July
Graduate with first class honours
July
Be selected for graduate scheme, accept place
August
Move into new flat in location of graduate programme
September 2011
Start graduate trainee programme



Next week I will be concentrating on my CV and covering letters, and learning more about the job application process.


No comments:

Post a Comment